Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Thursday, 27 June 2013

My First Week Back Home

We have been so busy in the past four days trying to get set up in our new apartment. Furniture has not arrived yet so we had to make do.
Sunday we went out and bought a plastic lawn table and two chairs, some plastic plates, forks, knives and spoons;  a couple of phones. One was not what we wanted. So we had to return it to Canadian Tire and brought a second phone home only to find out it was a plug-in one, not the type we wanted that just plugs into the phone jack.

Saturday and Sunday we used McDonald’s wi-fi to do our emails, morning and evening. After eating our meals there for two days we soon not only found it expensive but the food gets to tasting somewhat bland, and not to mention the place was as frigid as an Ice box from their air conditioning.

Monday night we decided to use the wi-fi at Tim Horton’s, at least the air-conditioning was much more reasonable there
That night our air mattress decided to spring a slow leak so that by morning time we found ourselves sleeping partially on the hard floor. Went back again to Canadian Tire and bought a 4 by 6 strip of 3-inch thick strip of foam rubber to put on top of the leaky air bed.  Monday Paula spent part of the day looking for a car insurance company with no results as yet.

But then on Tuesday we lucked out at least with my former doctor who took us both back in as patients and have an appointment with him for the 9 of July. Then we received word the furniture would not be here on the 6th of July. The truck had been held up by a highway 1 in Calgary being washed out by storms.  That gave us 11 more days of living with a leaky air bed, the clothes we packed for the drive out here, makeshift meals, and no household goods.

For the rest of that day I busied myself emptying the few boxes we had and the suitcase, putting clothes away in the closets and cleaning up scraps of paper and flattening out the boxes to take to recycling while Paula was doing business on the phone. Tuesday afternoon we went out and bought a few groceries and a couple of pots and a frying pan.

Back to Monday evening:  All residents park their cars in the underground garage.  Our parking space was next to that of some guy who drives a long, yellow pickup truck.  On Monday evening he scraped its back fender driving into his parking space and tried to claim it was because we were parked too close to his parking space. Luckily the resident manager took a picture of our car and it was parked well within our parking space.

Tuesday at around 2:00pm we got the internet connection set up with a wi-fi modem, that was a wonderful break as I not only have a website I also have a blog which I like to use as an escape when this reality gets to be too much for me. Wednesday afternoon at about 1:30pm the modem just quit working, no internet again.  This past four days was just too much for me, with all the previous problems I did not need or deserve to lose the internet again as well.

It was bright and sunny out and about 82 F. I decided to go for a walk. I put on a sun dress and my sandals and headed down the dirt road in front of the building here and headed towards the lake.

It was wonderful listening to the birds singing in the woods to my right. I stopped momentarily to admire the first real woods I had seen for a long time. This was not just the groomed wood of a park, it was real woods. I saw something or at least I thought I had seen something bright sparkle in the dark woods. I wanted to go in to investigate but I was not dressed properly to be trudging through the bushes along the road that may and may not have contained something unwanted like poison ivy. I resumed walking down the gravel road which came out to a place where they were playing lawn bowling and outdoor shuffle board and some other kind of game.

I walked past the parking lot and parked cars and picked up a trail that went through the woods and came out to a place close to the lake where they had these little cabins, just like the kind I remember my dad used to rent when we were on vacation. It brought pleasant memories of those days. Except these had been boarded up and unused for some time by their appearance.

A little bit farther down the trail I saw this creek. I sat in the grass for a bit to take the scene in.  Suddenly I remembered what it reminded me of. The creek that Jamie and I swam in in my dream! That sent a tingling sensation through me. I looked at the water at my feet and noticed there were hundreds of water beetles, and water striders swimming around, and the prettiest tiny blue dragon flies. I also noticed little fish swimming around near the bottom and every now and again they would swim up to the surface then splash down again, attempts at catching the water beetles and striders I supposed.

Again I saw a sparkle at the edge of my vision near the woods on the left bank of the creek. Then two and three. “The sparklies!” I thought aloud and smiled. They would disappear for a moment or two then again sparkle here and there. I sat there for some time in wonderment, and thought how nice if life was as enchanted as this creek was.

I got up again and resumed walking towards the main part of the beach. The sun was hot on my back and I decided to go for a walk in the water to cool off. I had braced myself for the water to be cold but to my surprise the water was warm but soothing.

I then walked up the beach a little further to where there was a patch of grass within a small grove of trees. I remembered this spot! This was the place where Paula had taken a picture of me when we first met. I sat on the grass in the shade of the trees for a short time then got up and made my way back towards the apartment building, stopping momentarily again at the creek. The water beetles and the tiny blue dragon flies and the fish were still there but the sparklies were nowhere to be seen.   

Today Wednesday June 27th Paula and I went to the licence bureau to get our drives licences renewed only to find out we had to travel all the way to Barrie, 30 miles away, to get that job done. Came back home and did a bit of grocery shoping then went to a service station to make an appointment for a safety check up on the car before we can apply for insurance then came back home. Finally the new modem had arrived for us in the mail. Paula set the new modem up only to find out it would only worked hard wired from the computer to the modem.

After two hours on the phone to no avail the techie told Paula to give him a couple of hours to work on it. Finally at about 8:00pm we got the call and got the Y-fi working and now here I sit finally online with a prayer and my fingers crossed it doesn't fail again. I am getting weary of having to run to Tim Horton's donuts to have to get online   



  1. I saw this one Sis and I am going to have to come back to read this one. I am getting a bit of a headach its the heat hear but this one looks like a good readdddddddddddd!!! love you...your sis

  2. What a lovely story Sis. I have been reading a few of your blogs but this one is my favorite I have been trying to find the one you were telling me about that is about you life as a child in a dream but I can't seem to find which one you were talking about but this picture just caught my eye and I wish I could be there with you. its great that it was the same place that you meet Paula too. What a wonderful place you found. and it a magical place too. you can visit our faerie friends every day. So have you seen any purple, blue, pink orbs Sis? I am so happy for you that you have this special place. maybe one day you can bring you laptop and sit in the trees with you laptop too. love you and I hope that you let me know which is the blog about you dream about you life. love you. happy fourth of July. sweets

  3. H ss, I do have stories on my childhood but they are on my files in my desktop comp. The furniture will be here tomorrow so I should have my desk top going then and will look up some stories.

    Well that cleans out anything I had in the site an most of my postings I had saved on my files.

    Doesn't mater now if I decide to drop the site. It is sad in a way, I really worked hard to make it go. Well just not enough people interested.

    On the bright side is Paula and I went out to get out nails done then went out for Pizza and drove around town a bit then came home. 84f out there today :o) Love it.

  4. Cynthia, I read your story and found it fascinating. I have been reading thru your blogs. I was watching the gold fever show this morning and they told a story I thought you may like.
    The Legend of the Fairy Stone: Many hundreds of years before Chief Powhatan’s reign, fairies were dancing around a spring of water, playing with naiads and wood nymphs, when an elfin messenger arrived from a city far away. He brought news of the death of Christ. When these creatures of the forest heard the story of the crucifixion, they wept. As their tears fell upon the earth, they crystallized to form beautiful crosses.

    For many years people held these little crosses in superstitious awe, firm in the belief that they protected the wearer against witchcraft, sickness, accidents and disaster. Fairy stones are staurolite, a combination of silica, iron and aluminum. Staurolite crystallizes at 60 or 90 degree angles, hence the stone's cross-like structure. Found only in rocks once subjected to great heat and pressure, the mineral was formed long, long ago, during the rise of the Appalachian Mountains. The stones are most commonly shaped like St. Andrew’s cross, an "X," but "T" shaped Roman crosses and square Maltese crosses are the most sought-after. The rare staurolite stones are found elsewhere but not in such abundance as at Fairy Stone State Park. I found this so awesome I want to find them now. I collect stones and rocks anyway. In Oklahoma they have a similar story about the trail of tears.
    The Legend of the Cherokee Rose Rock
    1 Near Noble, Oklahoma, a
    seemingly perfect rose appears
    from the ground. Its dusty red
    petals are delicately arranged in
    full bloom. Charmed by its
    beauty, a passerby bends to
    pluck it. No vase will hold this
    rose. It has no stem, and its
    petals are as heavy as a rock.
    Indeed, this rose is a rock.
    2 Actually, rose-shaped rocks can
    be found in several places
    around the world. These rock
    roses, however, are a light
    color. The rusty red rose rocks
    appear only in Oklahoma. From
    this fact has grown a legend as
    beautiful as the rocks
    3 Oklahoma played an important
    role in Native American history.
    It marked the end of what is
    known as the “Trail of Tears.”
    With the discovery of gold in
    Georgia, the Cherokee tribe lost
    their right to the land. They
    courageously walked 1000
    miles to what is now Oklahoma.
    4 Much of the journey took place in
    the winter.
    6 The Great Spirit of the
    Cherokee did not abandon his
    people. He cared for his people
    and thought of them with
    affection. He knew of their
    misfortune and wanted to honor
    the travelers. The memorial
    would be made from the tears
    shed along the way. The Great
    Spirit remembered a beautiful
    white rose in Georgia called the
    Cherokee rose. The memory of
    the flower would comfort his
    people. It would remind them
    never to be discouraged. The
    Great Spirit transformed the
    tears into a
    rust-colored, rose-shaped stone.
    7 Since that time, rose rocks have
    had many admirers. In 1968,
    Oklahoma named the rose rock
    its official state rock. The
    legend and spirit of the
    Cherokee rose rock lives on.
    I have several of these. So beautiful.

  5. What an interesting story about the rose rocks and the trail of tears. I know some of the stories that were told of the trail of tears. I also enjoyed the story about the fairies, I am of the belief that they are still her just in another reality, vanquished from our conscious mind and by rejecting their existence they simply faded out of this reality. Their never far away, all one need do is to have the desire in their heart to connect with them.

    Thank you so much for your comment Jenn. :o)

  6. I know its hard sis. We both did are part. And we did try very hard to make a go at it. It's a great site sweets I don't understand what we could have done different. Even when I was there the numbers were going down. I could try to come back and spend an hour a day if you would like and see if I could think of other idea's sweet to see if there are other things we just didn't act on? You know I would do enything for you sweets your my sister and I love you and I would do anything to make you happy. So let me know and I would be happy to but so time in my day at the site to help you make it work for all of us. I know how much the site means to you. but I also know how much you love your blog too. love you sweety your sister

  7. No sis, it's quite OK, if it doesn't work out I could find enough to do on the blog and facebook and maybe visit some other sites. I can keep busy