stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Monday 19 August 2013

Dragon Dream

Dragon Dream


I see a dark form in the night sky
Is it a Dragon? A real dragon that fly's there! 
flying, low above the forest 
In the sky swooping down then
soaring high above in the evening sky 
Mighty leathery wings drumming in the air.
So awe stricken am I, as I watch 
in amazement, this magnificent creature
from a time long gone.

How could this be I ask, 
to no one in particular, 
The only response forthcoming 
was the rhythmic beat, from the dragons wings.
I could see it now outlined against 
the darkening sky of late eve  

Dust blowing everywhere, in my eyes. 
Whipping dust from my eyes, 
I see a magnificent dragon alight 
but a few feet from me
A Gigantic shadow, settles to the ground
then looked at me quizzically 
And quite possibly playfully as well.
Hard to tell with a dragon 
in the deepening darkness of late eve.

It lays it's enormous head before me
and gives a loud snorts then settles down.
Eyes sparkled as it seemed to be waiting,
waiting in anticipation for my response
I climb on to the magnificent dragons back, 
and off we go, Rising, rising ever higher.

Over the tree tops and over the hills 
Dipping down into the valley then up again,
Over the mountains we go. "whomp, whomp,"
was the beat of it's wings 
as we flew over the sea, 
with a large silvery moon shining above.

I am entranced by the beauty of the night,
and the wonderful steed that I ride, 
A steed with coppery scales 
and golden tipped wings,
We fly high into the sky
and fade away into the clouds,
under the silvery moon
lighting our way from above   

Cynthia ©

2 comments :

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU