stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Friday 3 July 2015

Fairies In my backyard


Fairies In my backyard

HI my dear friends and followers. Toaday I would like to share with you another poem about one of my own childhood mystical experiences.
  
In the place where I grew up,

the backyard was like an island,

surrounded by a thick forest.

That forest was my playground

where I spent most of my time as a child,

right up into my grown up years.

That is where I had my furry friends and my feathered friends.

We played all day chasing each other in the forest.

I was a loner among children and I preferred it that way.

The forest was my magic land, my domain,

where I would sit on a huge stump and for a time

become the queen of the forest.

There were fairies in my forest kingdom.

But then, the kingdom was never solely my own.

I shared this domain with my fairy friends.

I met them when I was about six years old.

That was my first experience with the fairies.

Three of them came to my forest domain;

two girls of about seven and nine,

and one boy just a bit younger than I.

They looked the same as I, and just as real,

but about them was a glow that no others had.

We would talk and play in the woods for hours.

I never found a reason to question their presence

or where they would go when I had to go home.

They were my very special friends who played with me

and that was enough to make me happy.

The girls' hair was brown, the boy's a golden yellow.

Their wings, or what I took for wings,

were brightly luminescent in the sun as we played,

and their clothing so pretty that it sparkled in the light!

To me, they came from nowhere but the forest, I presumed;

their home was in the things that grew all around me.

In my later years I better understood why

those who told stories of the wee folk

claimed that they lived in the trees.

They could have come from the plant pots

that leaned against the garden shed;

they may very well have taken the fallen leaves

and used them for their fairy beds.

They loved to laugh and dance to merry tunes,

as the birds sang in the trees;

and sometimes gentle breeze played its own music

among the needles of the pine and the leaves of the other trees.

But as I grew older I found other playmates.

The fairies sat down with me and told me that they could no longer stay,

For I would be moving on now, to make friends of my own.

But now they have returned,

Never again to be far away.

Composed by Cynthia©


Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. have a great day.

ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ


No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU