stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Tuesday 25 August 2015

A Childhood Fantasy

A childhood fantasy

Hi dear friends and followers. Today I would like to share with you one of many of my childhood fantasies, or were they really fantasies? You be the judge. Thank you very much for reading my blog

I have had several imaginary friends, and they appear as quite real to me. Two girls and one boy, the boy a little shorter and younger than the two girls. He was one of the girl's brother as it turned out. 

I would spend most of the day in the woods behind the house playing with my imaginary friends. Mom would ask me what I had been doing all day, of course, I just up and told her the truth: that I was playing with my friends in the woods. Now, my mother was one that didn't shock much over strange things but she certainly took a double take that day. The closest neighbor was five miles away, and they didn't have kids!

Well, as you say, my imaginary friends vanished at around the age of 8. But by the time I was nine years old I ran into a ghost girl and she became my playmate for a while, then she, too, just vanished.

But through the years she kept coming back for a time then would leave again. I gave her a name, Cassandra. She always showed up when I got into some trouble or another. She came to bail me out from my downfalls. Well now, would you believe that about twenty years ago I was into story-writing, stories for kids, and it was around this time that one of my childhood imaginary friends showed up. I named her Gertrude.

Being with Gertrude was a lot of fun. She was kind of like the witchy type; she could actually fly! I would only see her for short periods of time then she would disappear just before dark.
Well, one night I got curious and followed her. "Wow!" We came out of what was either a dust storm or fog and below us was this very large canyon! "Yikes!!" I held onto Gertrude even harder, then she flew down to the canyon floor and indicated for me to get off. 

I followed her wishes; then she took off again with this really large butterfly net chasing this winged critter that looked like a smaller version of a pterodactyl, "Ooooh!", really scary-looking things! She would whoop and holler, and she swooped down and swung that big old butterfly net and caught herself one of those danged ugly critters.

From the floor of the canyon, it was kind of neat. What I thought were fireflies turned out to be tiny sparkly flakes that appeared to have a life of their own. They flew down toward me and just swirled around and around me. This place was like something enchanted out of a fantasy with a large silver moon that appeared to be big enough to touch the ground. And all around the moon there were billions of tiny silver stars that were dotted here and there with larger spheres of various sizes and colors

Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. Have a great day.

ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU