stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Thursday 19 November 2015

Be the Person You Needed When You Were Younger


Be the Person You Needed When You Were Younger
by Lorna Tedder · in Personal Evolution

Hi, dear friends and followers. Thank you very much for visiting and reading my blog. Today's topic is on; Have you changed who you through the years without realizing you have.

A ser un campeón. no es sólo un estado de ánimo ... Es una palabra de acción, también.
“Be the person you needed when you were younger.”

The epiphany for me was realizing that I can’t tell myself to go be that person because–to my surprise–I already am that person and have been that person for a long time. Not as much to myself, but certainly to others. If I were 21 years old and reading that quote for the first time and trying to follow its advice, I would have set my intentions to become exactly the kind of person that I’ve become naturally without realizing it.

Note: It took me nearly 29 years before I realized that had changed more towards being the person I wanted to be. Back when I was in my mid-teens and into my adolescent years I had no idea what I wanted. Back then I only knew what I didn't like or wanted to be. So for those 29 years I was like a rudderless ship at sea. I went through one failed marriage and two failed relationships while in a search for happiness through a relationship. But looking back now I know that I was led in a certain direction that would eventually lead me to where I came out all those years later. I was led by what I have come to call the inner voice today. If I could still my mind long enough to listen. For too many years were wasted by ignoring it.
I arrived at this place because, I think, I have always tried to fill in the gap of what I never had. When I was a little, little girl and up until I left for college, maybe even after, what I really needed, more than anything, was a person who would be my champion. I had a cheerleader in my mother, but I didn’t really have anyone who would fight for me. There was no one in my family to stand up for me, nor in my school, nor in my church, nor in my community.
Note: I can understand this only too well, after my mom and dad, who had been both my cheerleaders and supporters departed from this world, I was left quite alone to fend for myself, and learned the hard way that there wasn't anyone out there I could trust, I had to make all of my own decisions and learn from trial and error. By this time, I hade some ideas as to what I wanted to do with my life, and my life's shortcomings never deterred me from pursuing what I was aspiring to be
I saw advantages go to schoolmates with wealthy parents and connections even though my grades and skills were better. When I competed for international scholarships, my own school threw in with a student from another school who had grand connections and even damaged my own chances by submitting a formal letter to the review board that they believed the other student at another college to be a better candidate. To my own amusement, I made it farther in the competition than did the preferred candidate, but I was clearly on my own and felt it. I had no champion then, just as I’d had no champion as a child.

As an adult in the business world, one of the things that gives me a sense of fulfillment is being a champion for the underdog.

Note: Definitely a toast to that one
Working as a social worker was at times, not an easy job, but for me if I could manage to get a smile on someone's face, I considered that that the greatest accomplishment in my support work 
No, more than that.

Giving the new interns credentials that would get them promoted one day. Working towards the professional development of brilliant, generous, and ambitious millennials who just need a shot. I think nothing of providing what is called “top cover” to those who work for me–at times taking the blast from upper leadership for what they’ve done or what I’ve done. I credit the people who work for me and work with me for my success and take the blame myself in anything goes wrong. That, to me, is what it means to be a champion for others.

I am occasionally asked why I put so much energy into helping others, especially those who don’t have anyone to take the heat for them or to guide them in their profession. Other than saying, “I like doing that,” I’ve never really been able to explain that it’s more than just liking doing it.

It’s having a need for doing it.

Now, I understand: what I’m giving to others is exactly what I needed for myself when I was growing up.
Be a champion. It’s not just a state of mind…it’s an action word, too.
Aproveche al máximo de ti mismo al avivar la pequeña chispa de posibilidades dentro de ti en llamas de logros
Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. Have a great day. 
ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU