stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Saturday 25 July 2015

Spirituallity and The Future of Mankind


Spirituallity and The Future of Mankind
Posted on January 5, 2011 by Seeker ...
Hi, my dear friends and followers. Today I would like to present part twelve of The Spiritual Quest Series.  Enjoy reading and thank you for visiting my blog.
We are all born with 5 senses, vision, hearing, feeling, tasting and smell. These five senses define our world and through their use we attain enlightenment. What determines the language one speaks? Some might argue it’s where you are born geographically; such a conclusion has a lot of supporting evidence. But we know better, a child will learn whatever language it is exposed to; even multiple languages and all with perfect diction and dialect. This assimilation to ones environment is spiritual enlightenment.
If a new born baby was not exposed to any language would they learn to speak? Obviously the answer is no. The tools for enlightenment are the use of our senses. Our senses are not limited in any way from fully comprehending. The limit of comprehension is what we are exposed to and our willingness to focus on it.

In previous generations, and even today in other parts of the world, learning to read is understood to be very important to ones attainment and growth. For most of the western world this is taken for granted, so is a heated home, running water, flush toilets, etc. These attainments are what many people in our world eagerly desire. What keeps us from sharing such attainments worldwide? One might argue that it’s a spiritual deficiency not a lack of resources.

Unfortunately in our world today, particularly in the west, apathy, selfishness and disinterest have the opposite effect on spiritual attainment. Since one receives all one needs immediately in life, the desire and drive to better oneself is severely diminished. The incredible gift of reading, or just the right to learn to read was a goal for the enlightenment of mankind. Now we have access to all this enlightenment found in books yet very few of the upcoming generation seem interested at all in the enlightenment our forefathers envisioned.
The lack in the western world, some might argue, is a spiritual deficiency; and this worries the rest of the world’s population. The “New World” and all it stood for is now seen as a selfish, egotistic monster. And the posturing of world governments and major civilizations create more and more distrust and anxiety. The history of the 20th Century should teach us that as human beings we are evil in our egoistic nature. We cannot relive the World Wars with today’s modern weaponry.

We need to unite using our spiritual qualities; advancing mankind and civilization to join as one family on the universal spiritual quality of Love and acceptance. To Love ones neighbor as they do themselves. Perhaps even deeper and broader to Love those whom we hate and distrust. Is such a world possible?
A Spiritual Story

This story I am told is true … I know not from whom ….
Read it all the way through … you’ll be inspired if you do.

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology. My teacher being an Atheist was initially unsettling to me. Turned out she was absolutely inspiring; she had wonderful qualities that I wish every human being had.

Her last project of the term was called, ‘Smile.’ The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.. I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a piece of cake.

Soon after being assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald’s one crisp fall morning. It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son. We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch… an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved. As I turned around I smelled a horrible ‘dirty body’ smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was ‘smiling’ He had beautiful sky blue eyes that were sparkling with an internal Light, as he searched for acceptance. He said, ‘Good day’ as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I felt tears swell in my eyes as I stood there with them. The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, ‘Coffee is all Miss’ because that was all they could afford.. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something .. they just wanted to be warm).

Being next in line I smiled and at the young lady behind the counter. She asked, “Would you be so kind as to help.” She gave me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I walked them around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman’s cold hand.
He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, ‘Thank you.’ I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, ‘I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope.’ I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, ‘That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope..’

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that because of that giving we had been given a spiritual blessing too. We are not church goers … or even strong believers for that matter … that day however showed me the pure light of Love … the genuine quality some might call God’s love … Frankly it matters not what one calls it … it is what it is!!

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned in ‘my project’ and the instructor read it. Then she looked up at me and said, ‘Can I share this?’ I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class; she began to read. That is when I knew that we as human beings, being in tune with our internal spiritual compass, we can all find ways to heal people … and by that action we too heal.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald’s. The instructor, and every person in the classroom that night got one of the biggest lessons on Love we would learn that year: Was it God’s love? Was it the love of the girl behind the counter? Was it my love delivering the act of charity? Was it the two homeless men love for receiving it? Was it my teacher’s love for sharing this warm story?

Simple answer … Love is Love!

We all have this God quality inside of us, regardless of what one believes. It’s this love that needs to spread across our planet. It is not Democrat or Republican, it’s not Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, etc, etc. It’s real genuine love … and that’s what unites us as human beings. It’s not who plays what role, or why they do … it’s just Love; this is what we all need to work on!!

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.
Such love and compassion is visible each and every day … Let’s look for it!

In handling yourself, use your head … When handling others, use your heart.
Some people love things and use people … we do better if we love people and use things.

Note. The spiritual lessons put forward her today I can not embellish on or add too. I can only say; 
That this is so true. To give from the heart is a priceless gift to give to another, and by doing so, in of itself is a priceless reward. 
Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. Have a great day. 

ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU