stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Sunday 1 September 2024

 Memories Of Yesteryear Winters


Wow! I don't often think about winter, mainly because it certainly was never my favorite time of year, except for when I was in my thirties. At that time, everyone had a Skidoo, so I went out and bought myself a little putt, putt 12 horse Scandic Skidoo.

That little bug moved but not fast enough, so I went out and bought myself a bush hog, I will call it. It was a single-cylinder 20 horse Rotax engine wide track Skidoo. Later, my friend souped the thing up for me so that I could low fly between snow drifts on the Bay. The raw speed and power and the smell of hot fiberglass from the cowl near the straight pipe where there used to be a muffler was an intoxicating effect.

Exploring and ice fishing, fish hut, and sugar shack combo, stacked on a sleigh designed and built by me.

The campfires, fresh fried fish. Jack Frost and the sparkles on the snow.

I learned to really love the winter for a time there, and I have good memories of those yesteryear winters.

The Fairy lady
____________________________________________________

Recuerdos de los inviernos de antaño


¡Vaya! No suelo pensar en el invierno, sobre todo porque nunca fue mi época favorita del año, salvo cuando tenía treinta y tantos. En aquella época, todo el mundo tenía una moto de nieve, así que salí y me compré una pequeña moto de nieve Scandic de 12 caballos.

Ese bicho se movía, pero no lo suficientemente rápido, así que salí y me compré una moto de nieve, así la llamaré. Era una moto de nieve de oruga ancha con motor Rotax de un solo cilindro y 20 caballos. Más tarde, mi amigo la tuneó para que pudiera volar bajo entre los bancos de nieve de la bahía. La velocidad y la potencia en estado puro y el olor a fibra de vidrio caliente que salía de la cubierta cerca del tubo recto donde solía haber un silenciador eran un efecto embriagador.

Exploración y pesca en el hielo, cabaña de pesca y choza de azúcar, todo ello apilado sobre un trineo diseñado y construido por mí.

Las fogatas, el pescado frito fresco. Jack Frost y los destellos de la nieve.

Allí aprendí a amar realmente el invierno por un tiempo, y tengo buenos recuerdos de aquellos inviernos de antaño.

La Dama de Hadas


No comments:

Post a Comment