stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Lonely Dragon

Hi dear friends and followers. here we are it is Wednesday Poetry Day. I didn't get around to composing my own today but I have found a wonderful poem called "A lonely Dragon," author Jessica . I think you will find it interesting, so take five, relax , and have a pleasant read, and hope you enjoy it.
A Lonely Dragon


Always been free to fly.
But since all the little creatures-
With their bows and arrows-
Inhabited the lands,
Freedom is no longer grace.

In disbelief that I am the only one of my kind,
Always hiding behind the great green vines,
Trying to pretend everything is fine.
A lonely mystical creature,
A pure, fierce beauty of the empty blue sky.


All alone in a big black hole of despair,
Weeping over the devastation.
The once beautiful, once peaceful land,
Is now an unsafe land of ruins.


Flying with nothing but peace in my mind,
Over the misty mountains,
And the colourful fields full of flowers.


Hearing the screams of the little creatures.
Then, suddenly a sharp silver arrow through the head,
Dropping involuntarily to the ground,
Like an unwanted piece of meat,
Not being able to fend off all the beating and bashing.


My soul starts slowly drifting to a more peaceful place,
Where my mystical family gracefully fly free,
A place with limitless strawberries and daisies.

Listening to the, now faint, malicious laughter of those cruel little creatures,
A painful, yet calming breeze blows over my lifeless body.

Finally free to fly in the wondrous, crystal blue sky.
Now I'm not the lonely red and black creature of the empty sky.


PEACE!!

© Jessica

Published: Oct 2008

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/a-lonely-dragon#ixzz3IohAVqF6
Family Friend Poems

Thank you again for dropping by to read this Native American legend. I would appreciate knowing what your thoughts are on it, thank you and have a wonderful weekend.
ڰۣ
In Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU