stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Saturday 14 February 2015

Keeping It Real by Frizzy Lizzy


Hi dear friends and followers, welcome to Frizzy Lizzy


Keeping It Real by Frizzy Lizzy


Hi, Everyone! I was going to write about a really nice, romantic Valentine's Day that I had at some point in the past but I just couldn't find one. Lord knows that I have a fair number of Valentine's Days in my past, but none stand out as worth remembering as being good or bad.

I don't know for sure, but maybe I was the cause of it. I never insisted on making a great, big fuss over Valentine's Day. Oh, sure, I always bought my sweetheart a card and found some sort of gift, be it a trinket ,or the latest gadget, or a special meal that I prepared but once a year, and I enjoyed doing it, but I just never made a big deal of Valentine's Day.

Why set aside a day for expressing your love when you have love for someone close to you every day of the year? Am I totally inept or disabled at expressing my love that I can do it but once a year, or maybe on Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentine's Day?

Why not express that love in some way every day of the year in all that you say, do, feel, believe, and desire? I find this much more comfortable than expressing love just a few times a year.

Let me be the first to tell you that this takes two to make it work on a daily basis. It takes someone who believes that they are blessed by a love so wonderful that it transcends human understanding to return that love to someone who does not become conceited or jaded by such omnipresent love. There are easier things to do, like make fine whiskey in your living room without the neighbors suspecting, or design and fabricate a truly left-handed screwdriver, or lose 40 pounds because you wore a "miracle" fat-burning patch on your ass for six weeks and continued to eat as you pleased. You can always get your virginity and sanity back more quickly if you try.

The way that I approached Valentine's Day was possibly because of when I was coming of age. I am a child of the 1960s and I can see no reason for why love cannot be lived all year long and not restricted to expressions on certain days, and in expected ways.

Now for those of you who think that I am a wet blanket for not jumping on the Valentine's Day bandwagon, you might want to ask yourself a few questions. Which would you prefer: Flowers and chocolates once a year and a blah rest of the year or a love that keeps you warm and secure, filled with little gestures of affection as expressed by your partner all through the year and not a big fuss on Valentine's Day?

Please do not get me wrong here. I am all for observing Valentine's Day. I just like it better when it goes on for 365 days a year, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse... you get the picture.

Thank you for hearing me out and have a Happy Valentine's Day.

Here's a song to keep in your heart all year long. I hope that you enjoy it.


Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. have a great Week. 
ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ


No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU