stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Monday 3 June 2013

What I Was Quotes


What I Was Quotes from;

GOODREADS

What I Was
What I Was by Meg Rosoff
1,992 ratings, 3.49 average rating, 328 reviews

What I Was Quotes (showing 1-20 of 20)
“I am almost a hundred years old; waiting for the end, and thinking about the beginning.
There are things I need to tell you, but would you listen if I told you how quickly time passes?
I know you are unable to imagine this.

Nevertheless, I can tell you that you will awake someday to find that your life has rushed by at a speed at once impossible and cruel. The most intense moments will seem to have occurred only yesterday and nothing will have erased the pain and pleasure, the impossible intensity of love and its dog-leaping happiness, the bleak blackness of passions unrequited, or unexpressed, or unresolved.” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“And still the brain continues to yearn, continues to burn, foolishly, with desire. My old man's brain is mocked by a body that still longs to stretch in the sun and form a beautiful shape in someone else's gaze, to lie under a blue sky and dream of helpless, selfless love, to behold itself, illuminated, in the golden light of another's eyes.”
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“I felt a momentary urge to leap into the sea and swim free of the present. ”
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“At the time, I didn't have the insight to wonder at the transient nature of despair, but now that I'm older I've seen how little it takes to turn a person's life around for better or worse. An event will do, or an Idea. Another person. An idea of a person. ” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“Such a courageous boy I was. To act brazenly under scrutiny and risk further injury to my wounded heart. Ah, the resilience, the blind, dumb persistence of youth. ” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“It's not that he lacked poetry. But his poetry was of the body, not the mind. He spoke it in the way he moved, the way he held a hammer, rowed a boat, built a fire. I, on the other hand, was like a brain in a box, a beating heart in a coal scuttle. ” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“I'm a century old, an impossible age, and my brain has no anchor in the present. Instead it drifts, nearly always to the same shore. Today, as most days, it is 1962. The year I discovered love.” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
tags: age, aging, beauty, body, desire, dream, love, self-image, time
Time erodes us all.”
― Meg Rosoff,

What I Was
“It was not a big smile, not particularly bold or polite or ironic or glib, not asking for anything or offering anything, not stringy or careless, not, in short, like any smile I had ever experienced before. But such a smile! You could burn a hole in the world with that smile.”
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“It's a strange sensation to live inside another person's life, to wonder all the time what he is doing, or thinking or feeling.” 
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“If you have the patience to wait and watch, history will reshape truth (weakest of all forces, and weightless) in the image of opinion. What really happened will cease to matter and, eventually, cease to exist. ”
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“As it was, nothing happened except the two of us watching the sea come in and go out again, listening to the birds, sheltering from the rain when it came, and lying silent as the sky changed from blue to white to gold. For hours we lay side by side, breathing softly together, watching thin rivulets of water run down the cliffs and into the sea, feeling the world slowly revolve around us as we leaned into each other for warmth--and for something else, something I couldn't quite name, something glorious, frightening, and unforgettable.”
― Meg Rosoff, 

What I Was
“I studied Finn the way another boy might have studied history, determined to memorize his vocabulary, his movements, his clothes, what he said, what he did, what he thought. What ideas circulated in his head when he looked distracted? What did he dream about?

But most of all what I wanted was to see myself through his eyes, to define myself in relation to him, to sift out what was interesting in me (what he must have liked, however insignificant) and distill it into a purer, bolder, more compelling version of myself.

The truth is, for that brief period of my life I failed to exist if Finn wasn't looking at me. And so I copied him, strove to exist the way he existed: to stretch, languid and graceful when tired, to move swiftly and with determination when not, to speak rarely and with force, to smile in a way that rewarded the world.”
― Meg Rosoff, 

We are but lieves in the wind


http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3094323

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this news. The mainstream media have been rather quiet about this. Is it because Turkey is a member of NATO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for the girls in the bottom picture being attacked with tear gas and they just standing around. Bunch of chicken livered cowards beating up on women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS of Saturday, June 8, the protests continue to grow louder and stronger and the prime minister is hardening in his opposition. Could this be another manifestation of the Arab Spring?

    ReplyDelete

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU